Keratin hair straightening is super popular nowadays, and that’s an undeniable fact. Millions of ladies around the globe appreciate this treatment for its instant yet long-lasting smoothing effect. However, when it comes to keratin straightening cost, many ladies are puzzled, as the prices vary greatly. How much does a keratin treatment cost? Let’s find it out together in this article!
Average price range
On average, you’ll have to pay from $82 to $400 for a keratin treatment in a US beauty salon. For example, ladies who live in New Hampshire will have to pay about $400 for a single keratin treatment! Those who live in Utah are the lucky ones: they’ll have to pay about $85. In Alabama, Texas, Louisiana, and Massachusetts you’ll have to shell out approximately $200 for a keratin treatment. In Tennessee, South Carolina, and New Jersey the price is somewhere about $300. What a great difference, isn’t it?
What affects the keratin treatment cost?
Such a price range is truly great, however, that’s justified and depends on:
1. Beauty salon class. In premium beauty salons, the cost will be definitely higher.
2. Beauty salon location. Demand, cost of living, cost of utilities, rent cost — all these things are included into the final cost.
3. Quality of keratin products. Of course, keratin products of a premium segment will cost much more than those of a middle segment. Even if the expensive options work worse.
4. Skills of a stylist. That’s easy: the more experienced the stylist is, the more they will earn for each keratin treatment.
- US state. No explanation here, as you’ve read everything above.
5. Hair length. Of course, prices for a treatment performed on long hair and short are quite different.
6. Effect provided and its duration. Effect means the final result of a treatment. The stronger it is, the more expensive the treatment will be. The same refers to duration of the effect: keratin treatments that last up to 2 months and those that last up to 4 months will have different costs.
The salon price includes for all of the above. Additionally, the cost of any salon service includes part of the costs of maintaining the premises, other expenses indirectly related to the procedure. Besides, any salon stylist will include their own profit in the final cost. Otherwise, it’s pointless to provide a service.
Despite the high cost, keratin hair straightening is in stable demand. Most ladies don’t seek to save on their own beauty and health. However, is it always reasonable?
It’s also worth noting that there are many keratin formulas of different price categories on the market now. You can find out how much hair straightening costs without extra charges of salons by buying the needed product yourself. Most of them are on free sale.
Keratin hair treatment in beauty salon
Any salon procedure of keratin hair straightening has several stages. Here are the most important of them:
- Hair wash. The hair is washed with anti-residue shampoo in order to get rid of any styling products, dust and excess sebum with a special shampoo. Thanks to this, the hair becomes maximally susceptible to keratin molecules.
- Treatment. The hair is impregnated with a special keratin composition, which is evenly applied to the entire length. Such a composition isn’t applied directly on hair roots. The stylist chooses the product according to your hair type. After the application, the hair is dried with a hairdryer using a large brush.
- Straightening. The hair is divided into small (no wider than 2.5 cm) strands and straightened using a flat iron heated to 230 degrees (the temperature may vary according to your hair type). At the same time, the hair impregnated with keratin isn’t damaged. Under the influence of hot temperature, keratin seals the damaged cuticle scales in the hair structure and thereby restores your locks. Right after the treatment, you have the hair of your dream!
However, remember that you’ll have to spend for about 5 hours in salon if you decide to perform keratin treatment there. It includes VERY long sealing time (work with a flat iron) of a keratin inside your hair. The flat iron will be used on each of your strands for at least 15 times to achieve the luxurious salon effect. However, there’s no guarantee that it will barely do your hair anything good in the long run.
How can you perform keratin treatment at home?
First of all, you'll need to find out how much the keratin straightening kit you need costs (surprise: you'll find it out in the next paragraph). By doing the procedure at home, you will surely save money, however, you should be very careful and well-prepared. First of all, watch the video instructions in advance.
If you decide to do keratin straightening at home, use only products created for home use! This is extremely important, since the concentration of active (and potentially dangerous) substances in such compositions is lower, which will allow you to carry out the procedure without harm to the hair. Even if you've never done it before.
Carefully check out everything included into your keratin treatment kit for home use. Usually, the kit includes a special keratin composition, shampoo, and hair mask. Before you start the treatment, it’s important to make sure that you’re not allergic to the chosen composition. Try to apply a little of the product to a small area at the hair roots and wait. If there’s no irritation after a few hours, you can start the procedure.
It’s also worth choosing a well-ventilated room and applying the product with gloves, otherwise you can get dry hands and even light burns. Besides, it’s also worth protecting the ears so that their sensitive skin doesn’t get irritated.
All basic steps of home keratin treatment are the same as of the salon procedure. However, read the instructions carefully!
Cost of a keratin treatment at home
We can’t even describe how much more advantageous it is to perform home keratin treatment. However, we’ll try to show it to you in this paragraph on the example of several Nutree keratin treatments!
- Amazonliss. A classic keratin hair treatment. The composition of Amazonliss Nutree is enriched with natural ingredients: Cacao, Acai, Rice, Soya, Corn, and Wheat. Thanks to them, Amazonliss is suitable for all hair types.
Cost of home kit: $50.99 (60 ml) — will be enough for 1-3 treatments or $84.99 (250 ml) — will be enough for 4-8 treatments or $229.99 (1 l) — will be enough for 10-20 treatments!
Can you imagine that you can perform, for example, 15 (!) keratin treatments for $229? That’s unbelievable, especially if we remember how much just ONE treatment costs on average in Utah beauty salons!
Now let’s move on to one-step treatments, as the prices here are even more favorable!
- Unique Step. A one-step fast (1 hour) keratin treatment. The composition was developed using advanced nanotechnology that is enriched with microparticles of thermo-hydrolyzed protein, which penetrate the structure of the hair and contribute to the instant restoration and straightening of hair in just one application.
Cost of home kit: $29.99 (60 ml is on sale now) — will be enough for 1-3 treatments.
- Tanino. A one step treatment the key ingredient of which are tannins. You won’t need flat iron as well. The effect lasts 2-3 months. What’s more, this hair smoothing treatment is perfect for pregnant women. The key ingredient of this product is tannins, which originated from Tamarindus. Tamarindus is a leguminous tree, indigenous to tropical Africa.
Cost of home kit: $25.99 (60 ml) — will be enough for 1-3 treatments.
$25-30 for up to 3 amazing safe treatments that can be easily done by your at home WITHOUT flat iron — isn’t it just a dream?