Keratin hair treatment: what should and shouldn’t you do before the procedure?
Keratin hair treatment is the ultimate hair smoothing and straightening treatment beloved by millions of women around the world. However, those ladies who haven’t tried this procedure yet are worried about the things they should and shouldn’t do before the procedure. No worries! If your hairstylist uses high-quality keratin composition, you can just relax and remember several simple rules.
First of all, if you perform any hair smoothing treatment (either keratin hair straightening or hair botox) in order to improve the state of your hair, do this procedure at least 2 weeks before hair dyeing or bleaching.
1. Before keratin hair straightening, you should dye your hair (if you regularly dye it) and your hair roots if they have grown out.
2. After the procedure don’t dye your hair for at least 14 days as the aggressive ammonia hair dyes weaken the keratin effect on natural hair.
3. The best option is to dye your hair at least 10 days before the procedure.
4. Wash your hair before the procedure. Working with oily hair is extremely hard and unpleasant, so the hairstylist will have to wash and blow-dry greasy hair before starting the procedure, wasting extra 20-40 minutes.
5. We don’t recommend performing keratin hair straightening if you’re pregnant. This is an unexplainable phenomenon, but the keratin straightening effect is much weaker on the hair of women who are going to have a baby.
6. Don’t visit the sauna or swimming pool the first 10 days after the keratin hair treatment.
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.