Many women don’t even think about how many mistakes they make in their haircare routine. However, there are so many misconceptions that seem to be true! Check out this article to find them all out!
Top 10 Myths About Hair Care
- Myth #1. The more often you cut your hair, the faster it will grow. Since the hair grows not from its end, but out of the root, the haircut does not affect the growth speed in any way.
- Myth #2. Natural hair drying is better than a using hairdryer.
- Myth #3. Hair gets used to shampoo.
- Myth #4. Dry scalp is the main reason for dandruff.
- Myth #5. Split hair ends can be restored. No, they can be neither glued nor restored. You can only cut them off.
- Myth #6. Frequent hair brushing has a positive effect on the hair. Too frequent brushing distributes sebum from the scalp through the hair, and it gets oily much faster.
- Myth #7. Proper hair care will make your hair thicker. If genetically you have thin hair, no procedure can make it thick from the inside.
- Myth #8. The more often you wash your hair, the thicker it becomes. Just like the hair color, thickness, and curliness of hair, as well as the amount of sebum produced by hair scalp, are predetermined genetically.
- Myth #9. If you pull out one thin gray hair, then 2 or 3 thin hairs will grow in its place.
- Myth #10. Cool water smoothes the hair cuticle. Since the hair consists of dead tissue, neither cold nor hot water can somehow affect the condition of the hair cuticle.