10 Answers about Keratin Treatments from a Hair Stylist
1. How does the treatment help?
The treatment smoothes your hair and helps take control over the frizz. Also, it reduces the time of styling, making your hair manageable.
2. What are the treatment stages?
Usually, a stylist washes your head with a clarifying shampoo, applies a product containing keratin, blow-dries the hair and then straightens it with a flat iron. The last stage is to rinse the hair.
3. How long does it take to perform the treatment?
This depends on the length and thickness of your hair and the expertise of your stylist – from an hour and a half to 3 hours.
4. How long does the effect last?
Usually, the effect is observed for 3 months.
5. Is any specific care required after the treatment?
You should wash your hair with SLS-free shampoos.
6. What is the difference between keratin and Brazilian Hair Straightening treatment?
The Brazilian hair straightening involves chemicals that are similar to a perm. The treatment breaks bonds in the hair structure and then reshapes it creating straight strands. Keratin works more like a coating on the hair surface.
7. Do keratin treatments remove excessive hair volume?
Yes, since strands of hair get a more flat surface, the hair loses excessive volume and frizz.
8. Is the texture of your hair changed?
The treatment makes your waves and curls softer while removing the frizz. So, it is still necessary to style your hair with heat in order to straighten it, but you can do this faster and easier.
9. Who is recommended to have this keratin treatment?
Those people who have problems with styling their coarse, frizzy and unmanageable hair, especially if they prefer wearing it straight.
10. Is the treatment safe?
We have to rely on the companies that claim that their products are safe. There are a lot of safety concerns in the industry because of vapors produced during treatment in salons.